SHIPPING, LOGISTICS & SURVEY COMPANY
PROVIDING MARITIME SERVICES AT CHATTOGRAM, MATARBARI, MONGLA, PAYRA, DHAKA SINCE 2003
Pre-arrival docs required to send by email:-
(1) ship particulars,
(2) updated crew list,
(3) stowage plan,
(4) last port clearance,
(5) crew vaccination statement
(6) CLC certificate copy,
(7) Certificate of registration,
(8) Maritime declaration of health,
(9) Last 10 ports of call,
(10) Last 30 days all crews travel information
(11) No EBOLA virus on board crew officers/members statement
(12) Ship’s Hull anti-fouling paint is free from harmful organotins
“organotin tribuline (TBT)”
(13) No ZIKA Virus on board crew officers/members statement.
(14) Last Port State control Inspection certificate
(15) Ballast water management certificate
(16) Wreck removal certificate
(17) PNI certificate
(18) Load Port Survey report
Also please prepare & keep ready following A, B & C mentioned documents (all
in original), which will collect by our boarding agents for inward
“A” ARRIVAL DOCUMENTS:-
01. NOTICE OF READINESS : 02 COPIES
02. SHIP’S ARRIVAL REPORT : 02 COPIES
03. SHIP’S PARTICULARS : 02 COPIES
04. CREW LIST : 10 COPIES (out of which 5 copies
with arrival date for arrival formalities and balance 5 copies without date
for sailing formalities).
05. CREW VACCINATION LIST : 04 COPIES
06. CREW PERSONAL DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
07. SHIP’S PROPERTIES. : 04 COPIES
08. ENGINE STORE DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
09. DECK STORE DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
10. SALOON STORE DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
11. STATIONERY DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
12. MEDICINES DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
13. CURRENCY DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
14. PROVISION DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
15. BOND STORE DECLARATION : 04 COPIES
16. MARITIME DECLARATION FORM : 02 COPIES
17. STOWAGE PLAN : 04 COPIES
18. CARGO MANIFEST : 04 COPIES
19. NIL LIST : 04 COPIES
20. STATEMENT OF CERTIFICATE LIST FOR OFFICER’S
ON BOARD WITH GMDSS (NO., ISSUE DATE, VALIDITY): 02 COPIES
21. STATEMENT OF VESSEL’S CERTIFICATE LIST WHICH MENTIONED BELOW IN “B”
(NO., ISSUE DATE, VALIDITY) : 02 COPIES
22. LAST PORT CLEARANCE : 01 COPY.
– “B” SHIP’S CERTIFICATE / DOCS REQUEST TO SEND BY E-MAIL :-
1. Ship’s Registry Certificate
2. Load Line Certificate
3. Safety Construction Certificate
4. Safety Equipment Certificate with Form “E 5. Safety Radio Certificate
with Form “R”
6. I O P P Certificate with Form “A”
7. I A P P Certificate
8. I S P P Certificate
9. Ship’s Station/Mobile License/Radio License 10. Minimum Safe Manning
Certificate 11. Safety/Ship Management Certificate (SMC) 12. Document of
Compliance (DOC) 13. International Ship Security Certificate (ISSC)
14. Continuous Synopsis Record Certificates(CSR)
15. Emergency Position Indicating Radar Beacon (EPIRB) 16. Last Port State
Control Inspection Report (PSC) 17. Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution
Damage (CLC) 18. Ballast Water Management Certificate 19. The Removal of
Wreck 20. Ship Sanitation Control Exemption Certificate
– “C”. Officer/Crew Certificates List for Pre-Arrival :
– Master : COC + COE/COR + GMDSS + FLAG ENDORSEMENT (COC & GMDSS)
– Chief Officer : COC + COE/COR + GMDSS + FLAG ENDORSEMENT (COC & GMDSS)
– Second Officer : COC + COE/COR + GMDSS + FLAG ENDORSEMENT (COC & GMDSS)
– Third Office : COC + COE/COR + GMDSS + FLAG ENDORSEMENT (COC & GMDSS)
– Chief Engineer : COC + COE/COR + FLAG ENDORSEMENT
– Second Engineer : COC + COE/COR + FLAG ENDORSEMENT
– Third Engineer: COC + COE/COR + FLAG ENDORSEMENT
– Fourth Engineer : COC + COE/COR + FLAG ENDORSEMENT
– Electrician : COC + COE/COR + FLAG ENDORSEMENT
– Ship’s Cook Certificate
– All Crew COC/Navigation Watch Rating Certificates
Also please fill up attached file (1st & 2nd page) and send to us by email.
USEFUL INFORMATION . :
1) CHITTAGONG PORT SECURITY LEVEL : 1.
2) FIRST VESSEL HAVE TO ARRIVE/ANCHORAGE AT KUTUBDIA FOR DISCHARGING
QUANTITY OF CARGO FOR ENTERING AT ALPHA ANCHORAGE FOR DISCHARGING BALANCE
QUANTITY OF CARGO.
3) AT KUTUBDIA (BRACKISH WATER) ANCHOR POSITION WILL BE AS FOLLOWS :-
Lat – 21 – 52.1 N
Long – 91 – 48.1 E
Lat – 21 – 52.116 N
Long – 91 – 47.693 E
Lat – 21 – 50.387 N
Long – 91 – 47.261 E
You can also try below coordinates as usually availed by other masters.
Lat – 21-51.299N
However, Pls follow latest version BA Charts.
4) PILOTAGE IS NOT COMPULSORY BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY PORT AUTHORITY
5) PLEASE BE INFORMED THAT DURING ROUGH WITH SWELL & WIND YOU ARE
REQUESTED TO TAKE NECESSARY PRECAUTION BY YOUR SHIP’S CREW MEMBERS & ALSO
INSTRUCT STEVEDORES SUPERVISOR ACCORDINGLY TO AVOID ANY DAMAGES TO THE
SHIP’S PROPERTY. ALSO ADVISED TO TAKE SPECIAL CARE WHEN L/VSL WILL GO
ALONGSIDE AND WHILE WILL BE CAST OFF FROM ALONGSIDE ( DOCKING & UNDOCKING
MANEUVERING ) FROM THE M/VSL. ON THE OTHER HAND WHENEVER WEATHER CONDITION
BECOME ROUGH, STRONG WIND & FOUND HEAVY SWELLING THEN PLEASE ADVISE MASTER
OF THE L/VSL TO CAST OFF IMMEDIATELY TO AVOID ANY POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
T4 MASTER OF THE M/ VESSEL REQUESTED TO ENSURE TO TAKE SUCH PRECAUTION.
“”…..ALTHOUGH LIGHTERS ARE AVAILABLE HAVING FITTED SUFFICIENT TYRE
FENDERS , BUT MASTER IS REQUESTED TO TAKE ADDITIONAL PROTECTIVE MEASURES
BY ARRANGING BIG FENDERS TO PLACE/RIG WHILE LIGHTERS APPROACHING AND MOORING
ALONGSIDE/CAST OFF PARTICULARLY DURING BAD WEATHER, HEAVY SWELLING AND ROUGH
SEA CONDITIONS TO AVOID ANY POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES……””
6) AFTER ARRIVAL KUTUBDIA ANCHORAGE MASTER TO ADVISE GPS POSITION TO
PORT & AGENT IMMEDIATELY
7) VESSEL WILL CONTACT PORT CONTROL OVER VHF CHANNEL 12 OR CHANNEL 16
WHILE VESSEL WILL PROCEED FROM KUTUBDIA TO ALPHA ANCHORAGE.
8) VESSEL WILL START FROM KUTUBDIA AT LEAST 3 HRS BEFORE TOP OF THE
HIGH WATER AT ALPHA ANCHORAGE TO DROP HER ANCHOR AT ALPHA .
9) PLEASE DO NOT CROSS THE BOW OF OTHER VESSEL AT CLOSE RANGE OF
DISTANCE FOR AVOIDING DRIFTING AND COLLISION WITH THE VESSELS AT ANCHOR.
10) PLEASE KEEP SAFE DISTANCE WHILE VESSEL DROP HER ANCHOR CONSIDERING
STRONG WIND AND CURRENT.
11) MASTER IS REQUESTED TO DROP INTO WATER 9 OR MORE SHACKLES OF CHAIN
FOR AVOIDING DRAGGING BEING STRONG CURRENT PREVAILING THIS ANCHORAGE.
12) THE SHIP’S CREW/OFFICER MUST BE CAREFUL DURING TIDE CHANGING TIME &
CONSTANT VIGILANCE ON BRIDGE FOR AVOIDING ANCHOR DRAGGING OR DRIFTING.
13) MASTER IS ALSO REQUESTED TO MAINTAIN CONSTANT WATCH FORECASTLE AND
POOP OF THE VESSEL TO AVOID PILFERAGE AND THEFT.
14) PLEASE FOLLOW PFSO DETAILS: NAME : LT CDR M NEZAM UDDIN C,BN
MOB.NO.880 1733 228266
TEL: NO.880-031 2517386,2522200-29(EXT-2018)
15) PLEASE ALSO FOLLOW BA CHART NO. 84 FOR APPROACHING FROM KUTUBDIA TO
ANCHOR THE SHIP AT ALPHA ANCHORAGE.
Bunker, Tanker & Container | Independent Agent
Agency Service at Maritime PORT
Crew Sign On/ Off Charges
a) Our agency wing charge USD100 per person for crew sign-on/ off formalities ( port, customs, immigration formalities). Normally it takes one working day to process crew change formalities. Weekend holidays are on Saturday and Sunday.
b) Hotel charge depends on a single person or dual occupancy basis and quality of Hotel standard. It may range within US$50.00 to US$150.00 ( except five-star hotel).
c) Food charge per person may range within US$50 to US$150 ( standard meal 3 times), subject to hotel standard ( except 5-star hotel and hard drinks).
d) Recommended local airlines are NOVO AIR, US BANGLA, Bangladesh Biman. Local airport at Chittagong (Shah Amanat) International Airport. Transit time from Dhaka to Chittagong by air is 50 min. Airfare range within USD40.00 to US$90.00
Estimated Port DA
Coast To Coast, the local correspondents, have developed a secure website link ( online calculator), which can help you to calculate the Port DA for any vessel within seconds. Just need to mention GRT, NRT, DWT, TPC, Cargo quantity and estimated discharge rate. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the encrypted link.
Bunkering at Chattogram and Mongla
IFO-180 CST, MGO is available at Chittagong. It is recommended to use JAMUNA for bunkering. Local bunkering companies are available. Bunker supplier should not be allowed to deal with the vessel’s official’s prior supply of bunker. Dip sample should be taken during bunkering. The qualified and honest surveyor should be used during bunkering and surveyor should not board with bunker supplier barge.
Why Shipowners require PROTECTIVE AGENTS
Discharge port agents are appointed by Charterer and nominated by a receiver. Shipowners need assistance at Chittagong( Chattagram as renamed), Mongla or even Payra to protect the interest. As in most of cases, a vessel may face the following situation/ incident and require professional support:
- Collision, grounding or wrongful navigation by pilots
- Delay in discharge or placement of lighter vessel or berthing
- Communication gap with voyage charterer’s or receiver’s nominated agents
- Discharge without production of OBL and delivery to ultimate receivers
- Excessive port DA and manipulated SOF to protect the interest of cargo receiver
- Damage to mother vessel by lighters and excessive repair charges
- Wrongful treatment for injured crews, complication during crew change etc.
- In time berthing arrangement or sailing arrangements.
Maritime Ports in Bangladesh | Chittagong, Mongla, Payra
The Chittagong port is the biggest seaport of Bangladesh. It is located by the estuary of the Karnaphuli River in Patenga, Chittagong. Recently, Chittagong city has been renamed as Chattagram. Earlier, 8.5m was the permissible draft to enter the inner harbor. Now Port allow berthing of ships with a draught of up to 9.5 meters during high tide.
Mongla Sea Port is the second largest and most Eco-friendly port of Bangladesh. It is located on the southwestern part of the country, at the confluence of Pussur River and Mongla Nulla. Approximately 71 nautical miles (131 Km.) upstream of the Bay of Bengal. For berthing at inner harbor, this port allows vessels with a draught of up to 7-8 meters.
Payra Port, the small seaport in southern Bangladesh, sits on the west bank of Rabnabad channel at the confluence of Galachipa-Tetulia river. Payra Port started operation in August’2016 with ship-to-ship cargo transfer, though on a limited scale. It is expected that the first phase of dredging for this port will be completed by 2020. Then vessels with a draught of up to 11 meters will be able to berth at the seaport during high tide time. Bangladesh is now the concern for a deep-sea port and had granted a contract to Japan to build a deep sea port at Matarbari, which is just 25 kilometers away from Chittagong.
LPG Information for the Maritime port of Mongla
As regards LPG vessel’s calling at the Maritime Port of Mongla, please note, there are eight LPG terminals in operation as of now and a numbers of terminals are at their final stage of construction. Most of the terminals are subjected to frequent siltation and regular dredging is required to keep them operational. The available max depth at the terminal must be verified before any vessel fixed for a terminal.Max Draft for entering port: 7.0 M to 8.0 M depending on daily rise of tide, as Mongla Port is a Tidal Port and all arrival and departure takes place during Flood tide. Max berthing Draft….Need more info, email us.
Panocean Limited, registered with Joint Stock Company of Bangladesh, Port and Customs Approved member of Bangladesh Shipping Agents Association. We can act for any shipowners or charterer looking for an independent agent to declare vessel at Port, arrange immediate berthing or discharge operation, ensure SOF for vessel’s interest and delivery of cargo with BL/ LOI as per Principals instruction. In addition, we also provide FREE consultation support for Port DA, Weather Condition, Berthing Line Up at Port, safe navigation, etc.